I love the “fruit” seasons for harvesting fresh fruit. Thank goodness for (grocery stores) and the freezer, so “jam, jelly, and pie” seasons can be extended.
However, (local) seasonal fruit always tastes by far the best. For your specific area – i.e.: USA States – look here, but note several links may become broken. So here’s a GENERAL LIST to get us by, until they updated their sites.
- Late May – June gooseberries, red currants, rhubarb, strawberries
- July – black currants, cherries, gooseberries, loganberries, raspberries, red currants, rhubarb, strawberries, white currants
- August – early-season apples, blackberries, black currants, blueberries, plums, raspberries, strawberries
- September – mid-season apples, blackberries, elderberries, plums, raspberries, strawberries
- October – mid-season apples, elderberries, pears, plums, raspberries, strawberries
- November – late-season apples
List Source: http://www.fruitexpert.co.uk/whentoharvestfruit.html