2 (16-oz containers) fresh strawberries
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
2 Tbsp corn syrup (I personally DON’T add any, but aids w/storage-life)
1 3/4 – 2 cups granulated sugar (depending on how sweet berries are)
OR 1 3/4 cups Whey Low® sugar substitute
4 Tbsp Instant ClearJel® powder (formulated for freezer jam)
1. Rinse, trim and hull centers of 2 lbs of lovely berries!
2. Crush ripe berries with a potato masher. Instead, crush a double batch (dozen half-pints) in nothing flat in my 14-cup Cuisinart food processor! Dump; repeat, for an assembly of jam.
3. Add lemon juice and optional corn syrup (increases freezer-life).
Affiliate links are your convenience – you don’t pay more and I get small referral amounts. It helps us both & the site.
4. In a small bowl, completely mix sugar and Instant ClearJel powder, before folding that into the berries.
5. Taste to adjust for sweetness. Allow the jam to sit for 10 minutes, while your jars are sterilizing, the jam will thicken and turn ruby red. Ladle the jam into sterile jars.
6. Cover; label and date. Freeze for up to 1-year.
Nutritional Analysis: Servings: 92 (1-Tablespoons)
Per Serving (per 1-Tablespoon): 20 Calories; trace Fat (1.4% calories from fat); trace Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; trace Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
|Fresh Strawberry, No-Bake Cheesecake Pie
“Beautiful Old Glory“